Medical Advisor Dermatology
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Full Time | Pharmaceuticals | Research, Science, Product ManagementRead More On LinkedIn
AbbVie is an ambitious health business where people and quality of life come first. The experience of illness is personal, so we care about the things that matter to patients. As market leader, we team with partners to co-design health solutions around our innovative medicines for complex diseases, which improve standards of care. Helping people to be fit for work and family life is how we make a remarkable impact to the lives of men, women and children.
- Represent the affiliate’s medical/scientific voice of expertise for assigned product(s) and relevant therapeutic areas.
- Provide medical / scientific expert advice / guidance to key customers for assigned products and relevant therapeutic areas, including scientific exchange and professional relationship development with key thought leaders / external experts.
- Provide medical / scientific input into Medical Affairs strategies for the affiliate medical department and commercial plans, as required, and medical / scientific support for medical department activities under the overall direction of the Affiliate Medical Director.
- Provide medical affairs support to cross-functional affiliate teams Ensure that the medical affairs role is fully integrated to support the strategy and execution of affiliate business, while being functionally independent.
Qualifications, Knowledge And Experience
60% of the time: Medical & Scientific Support
- Medical Degree, Pharmacy degree or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience of working in a medical role is essential.
- Experience in dermatology immune mediated diseases would be advantageous.
- Keen interest in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for assigned therapeutic area/product and in medical research in general.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skil
20% of the time: Review and approve LOC promotional materials and activities,
- Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
- Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Level Code: M
Download the ebook for tips and tricks to help you thrive in alternative non-clinical careers such as Pharma. Designed to help when applying for non-clinical roles; it will give you confidence that you can succeed, knowledge to analyse skills & optimise them for positions, advice to 'nail' selection processes & to adapt in your new career.
Take part in our interactive webinar to help you nail the application and interview stage. Give yourself all the tools necessary to showcase your medical talents in these non-clinical areas.
Contact us for any advice or let us know how you went on in the application or interview stage. Did our advice help in anyway?
Join Our Community
Interested in career options outside the NHS? Join our community to be the first to know about exciting events, workshops, free webinars and career opportunities. Don’t miss out – start your progress towards a new, exciting career Beyond the Ward today.Contact Us Today & Start Looking To A New Career!
Signup For Our Newsletter
For all our latest offers and deals be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Don't miss out on great opportunities with Beyond The Ward.