Medical Advisor Genetic Diseases
London, United Kingdom
Associate | Full Time | Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals | ResearchRead More On LinkedIn
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join as a Medical Advisor in Takeda's London Paddington office.
Provide comprehensive medical and scientific support for Takeda products in the Genetic Diseases therapeutic area within a local operating company (LOC).
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- The design, implementation and follow-up of scientific projects,
- The provision of scientific education programs for health care professionals,
- The support for commercial activities as appropriate for the LOC, responsibilities also include ensuring adherence to applicable laws, codes and regulations.
60% of the time: Medical & Scientific Support
- Develop scientific programs within the local medical plan also aligned with the brand strategies.
- Deliver quality medical education and scientific presentations in a variety of internal and external settings and to obtain valuable feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization.
- Follow up of scientific programs assuring their execution in time.
- Provide medical and scientific training and updates to the sales force team.
- Ensure the implementation of local publication plan.
- Management and follow up of IIR proposals in coordination with GMA.
- Provide support in cross-functional therapeutic projects such as slide-deck development, training initiatives and publication planning, at the LOC level.
- Participate in ad hoc internal project teams.
- Attend selected appropriate national and international professional meetings to represent Takeda when requested by Country Medical Lead, respond to medical and scientific questions and enhance the development of KOL relationship.
- Act as back-up of Country Medical Lead when requested and needed.
20% of the time: Review and approve LOC promotional materials and activities,
- Including congresses and meetings, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice.
- 20% of the time: Opinion Leader Development
- In collaboration with Country Medical Lead and LOC commercial teams, identify, build, and leverage relationships with national Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs):
- Identify and develop key thought leaders for medical education and clinical research opportunities
- >Establish a professional collaborative relationship with KOLs so as to be considered a valued credible resource of medical/scientific expertise and information both internally and externally
Key Skills Required
Desire to put people first and demonstrate the values of Takeda-ism.
- An advanced degree in life sciences (MD or MPharm or equivalent)
- Business proficiency in English
- Experience in providing scientific support.
- Experience with relevant therapeutic area research or clinical practice in relevant therapeutic area.
- Basic knowledge statistics, pharma economy, clinical trial legislation, regulatory laws.
- Experience with drug therapy positioning and experience in running medical projects.
- Knowledge of local, regional and international regulatory requirements as applied to product development, promotional activities, and pharmacovigilance.
- Knowledge of policies, codes of practice and regulations as applied to pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry.
Download the ebook for tips and tricks to help you thrive in alternative non-clinical careers such as Pharma. Designed to help when applying for non-clinical roles; it will give you confidence that you can succeed, knowledge to analyse skills & optimise them for positions, advice to 'nail' selection processes & to adapt in your new career.
Take part in our interactive webinar to help you nail the application and interview stage. Give yourself all the tools necessary to showcase your medical talents in these non-clinical areas.
Contact us for any advice or let us know how you went on in the application or interview stage. Did our advice help in anyway?
Join Our Community
Interested in career options outside the NHS? Join our community to be the first to know about exciting events, workshops, free webinars and career opportunities. Don’t miss out – start your progress towards a new, exciting career Beyond the Ward today.Contact Us Today & Start Looking To A New Career!
Signup For Our Newsletter
For all our latest offers and deals be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Don't miss out on great opportunities with Beyond The Ward.