Medical Advisor, Patient & Pipeline
Crawley, England, United Kingdom
Associate | Full Time | Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Hospital & Health CareRead More On LinkedIn
Opportunities for Doctors to break into Medical Affairs can be few and far between. This role is however a chance to maintain a real patient focus, whilst also taking on and learning about the responsibilities of a Medical Advisor working across an extremely varied and successful pipeline of compounds.
What's The Job?
This is a new initiative for the global Biotech with which we’re working and will take a lead in developing relationships with Patient Groups. Essentially it will be tasked to better align the drug development process to the patients which the pipeline will benefit most.
It slots into a group of three existing Medical Managers, and a further three MSLs, reporting directly to the UK Head of Medical, and playing a key part in both Medical and Market Access Strategy, most predominantly in Haematology and Immunology.
Roughly, it can be broken down to three chunks:
- Ensuring Compliance – This position would be the lead role ensuring that Patients are engaged in a way in keeping with the ABPI code of Practice, SOPs and other relevant frameworks.
- Ensuring continued Access through the NHS – With the NHS being a key facilitator for Patient Groups, this role will work heavily to understand their frameworks and processes to better align patients to drug development.
- Wider Medical Strategy & KOL Liaison – Not only would you be where the buck stops for Patient Advocacy, but you’d also be trained to have a broad Medical remit, reporting to and being supported by the UK Head of Medical. Those responsibilities will include:
- Setting out the Medical plan for Patient Groups
- Proactively engaging with HCPs & KOLs to build on patient insights
- Developing key relationships with the NHS to best align to their policies
- Undertaking non-promotional material reviews (Final Signatory training available)
- Aligning strategy to the wider business and inputting to pre-launch and launch plans
What Would You Be Looking For?
- Global Biotech - 20,000+ people worldwide, but a focus on lean and agile teams (six people here).
- Therapeutic Leader – Focus on Rare Disease, Haematology and Immunology.
- Extremely strong Product lists – Over 40 marketed and 25+ in the pipeline. Multiple trials planned for 2021 and expansions to wider indications.
- Financially secure – Turnover of well over Five Billion Dollars annually.
Who’re They Looking For?
- Medical Doctor with strong patient awareness – You should have a strong experience working in Clinical Practice and/or very closely with Patient Advocacy Groups in the past.
- Solid awareness of the NHS structures, particularly in relation to Patient Advocacy and Patient Groups
- Happy with office based working around 50 minutes to south of Central London (Relocators with NHS experience welcome!)
Not Needed, But Would Help An Application:
- Therapeutic exposure to Rare Diseases, Haematology or Immunology
- Former Pharmaceutical industry experience
- ABPI Final Signatory status
Download the ebook for tips and tricks to help you thrive in alternative non-clinical careers such as Pharma. Designed to help when applying for non-clinical roles; it will give you confidence that you can succeed, knowledge to analyse skills & optimise them for positions, advice to 'nail' selection processes & to adapt in your new career.
Join Our Community
Interested in career options outside the NHS? Join our community to be the first to know about exciting events, workshops, free webinars and career opportunities. Don’t miss out – start your progress towards a new, exciting career Beyond the Ward today.Contact Us Today & Start Looking To A New Career!
Signup For Our Newsletter
For all our latest offers and deals be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Don't miss out on great opportunities with Beyond The Ward.