Medical Advisor Respiratory
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Full Time | Medical Device, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals | Health Care ProviderRead More On LinkedIn
Create and deliver medical expertise within assigned therapeutic area for Company´s products in the late phase of development and for authorised Company´s products, fully adhering to ABPI and IPHA codes, company SOPs, and relevant UK and Irish legal requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act on data generation and dissemination within assigned therapeutic area, including company sponsored and investigator sponsored studies.
- Design and/or support advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings and organize and chair roundtable and educational meetings.
- Establish and maintain professional and credible relationships with external experts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Medical Affairs Plans for respective products.
- Provide medical input to the Marketing team in the product campaign development and implementation within the NHS environment and helps to shape marketing strategy and direction.
- Provide medical review and approval (ABPI final signatory status) of promotional and non-promotional materials
- Provide medical input to regulatory affairs department for obtaining applicable product licenses.
- Relevant work experience as Medical Adviser or similar role preferred, scientific acumen and communication skills in order to be accepted by leading specialists in peer-to-peer relationship.
- Knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of scientific data.
- Experience of liaising with higher level NHS Organisations.
- Knowledge of UK healthcare dynamics, especially in the assigned therapeutic field.
- A high customer focus and awareness of the importance of business results.
- If no previous industry experience, need demonstrated post registration clinical experience.
- Able to distil clear content from the wealth of scientific data and to present it in a simple and understandable way.
- Strong commitment to compliance to scientific quality and integrity.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, complex environment.
- Collaborative, team-oriented, able to develop and support relationships across an organisation as well as with key external stakeholders and the healthcare community.
- Willing to educate colleagues and share knowledge.
- High customer orientation.
Boehringer Ingelheim is a research-driven pharmaceutical company and one of the top 20 pharmaceutical firms worldwide. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, Boehringer Ingelheim operates globally in over 100 countries and has more than 47,700 employees. The focus of the family-owned company, founded in 1885, is researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing new medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine. In 2014, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about 13.3 billion euros. R&D expenditure corresponds to 23.1% of its net sales.Read More On LinkedIn
Download the ebook for tips and tricks to help you thrive in alternative non-clinical careers such as Pharma. Designed to help when applying for non-clinical roles; it will give you confidence that you can succeed, knowledge to analyse skills & optimise them for positions, advice to 'nail' selection processes & to adapt in your new career.
Take part in our interactive webinar to help you nail the application and interview stage. Give yourself all the tools necessary to showcase your medical talents in these non-clinical areas.
Contact us for any advice or let us know how you went on in the application or interview stage. Did our advice help in anyway?
Join Our Community
Interested in career options outside the NHS? Join our community to be the first to know about exciting events, workshops, free webinars and career opportunities. Don’t miss out – start your progress towards a new, exciting career Beyond the Ward today.Contact Us Today & Start Looking To A New Career!
Signup For Our Newsletter
For all our latest offers and deals be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Don't miss out on great opportunities with Beyond The Ward.